Homemade Dog Biscuits!
1st March 2017
If you’ve never tried them before, these homemade dog biscuits are really easy to make (fun for the kids to help make too) and, what’s more, you’ll know exactly what’s gone in them. We found the recipe on the Guide Dogs for the Blind website, so all thanks to them for sharing it. There’s a link to their page at the bottom of this post.
If you make some yourself, do let us know how you got on, we’d love to see some photos and hear if your dogs liked them or not!
We’ve made a short video to show you how we got on, or simply scroll down for the recipe!
- 350 grams whole wheat flour (substitute regular flour or oats if your dog is sensitive to wheat) (we used oats, delicious!)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Beef or chicken bouillon or stock (we used half a cup and 2 stock cubes)
- ½ cup hot water
- Oats, shredded cheese, bacon bits, shredded chicken (we used parmesan cheese, a little goes a long way!)
- Preheat your oven to 200’c,
- Dissolve your bouillon or stock into the hot water
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until a dough is formed.
- Knead dough until it forms a ball (approximately 3 minutes)
- Roll out the dough evenly, until ½ inch thick
- Cut into slices, or shape as you like! (Please bear in mind, for larger shapes you will need to adjust cooking times accordingly)
- Place dough pieces on lightly greased baking tray. (At this point we grated on some extra parmesan cheese!)
- Cook in the center of the oven for 30 minutes (we did it for slightly less, just until they felt ‘solid’)
So that’s it! Again huge thanks to Guide Dogs for posting the original recipe here. Happy Doggy Baking!
Petpals has over 50 operations covering most of the United Kingdom with most carers offering cat visits. We can also arrange to take your cat to the vet if you are at work and unable to attend the appointment. For more on our cat sitting services, please click here and to find your nearest Petpals carer, please click here.
All of our pet carers are security checked, insured and carry an ID badge so you can rest easy that your furry friends are in the best possible hands.
Are you a cat lover, crazy about animals? Would you like to own your business caring for pets? If so, we would love to hear from you, please click here for more information about how to make your dream come true working with animals.