Part Time Dog Walker
Petpals Cardiff are looking for a Part Time Pet Carer to help primarily with dog walking and possibly some small pet visits in the North Cardiff areas including Thornhill, Lisvane, Pontprennau, Cyncoed, Penylan and Roath. It is essential that applicants live in or very close to either area and have their own transport. The successful candidate will meet the following essential criteria and preference will be given to those who also meet the criteria listed as desirable.
Hours of Work:
- As required Monday - Friday, weekends may be required once or twice a month. Hours can vary but are mainly between 10.30am-3.30pm. Little work to start but will increase. Minimum 10 hours.
- Owned or looked after dogs and cats (Essential)
- Understanding basic pet care requirements (Essential)
- Prior experience working in a kennels or cattery as a pet carer (Desirable)
- Basic written English (Essential)
- Relevant qualification in pet care (Desirable)
Skills (All Essential):
- Willing and able to walk dogs in all weathers
- Able to walk dogs of all sizes and breeds
- Confident in handling multiple dogs (up to 4 on and off lead)
Personal Attributes (All Essential):
- Flexible and Personable
- Honest and reliable
- Own transport capable of taking multiple dogs, preferably an estate (Essential)
- Own a van (Desirable)
- CRB Checked. We will advise on applying for this (Essential)
- Insured up to £2million public liability (Essential)
- This role does not provide the use of a vehicle. If the role stipulates that you require your own transport, please ensure you meet this criteria before applying.
- Please only apply for this role if you meet all the essential criteria, as detailed above.