Petpals Hartlepool - Dog Home Boarder
Self Employed Dog Home Boarder
Job Summary:Petpals Hartlepool & East Durham are looking for host families for their dog home boarding service. Applicants must live within the Hartlepool or East Durham area. Hosts care for dogs in their own home, as if they were their own. You must have a secure garden and you must not have other work or commitments that would take you away from the house for more than 3 hours at a time.
The successful candidate will meet the following essential criteria and preference will be given to those who also meet the criteria listed as desirable.
- Demand for the service is greater during the school holidays although we do get reasonably busy at other times too.
- Owns, owned or looked after dogs (Essential)
- Understanding basic pet care requirements (Essential)
- Any previous pet care of first aid experience (Desirable)
Skills (All Essential):
- Willing and able to walk dogs in all weathers (Essential)
- Able to walk dogs of all sizes and breeds (Desirable)
Personal Attributes (All Essential):
- Flexible and friendly
- Honest and reliable
- No children under the age of 5 (Essential)
- Any dog of your own must be socialised and neutered (Essential).
- No cats (Essential).
- Own home, or permission from your landlord to board dogs, with a garden (Essential).
- Home boarders are normally self-employed subcontractors responsible for their own tax and national insurance.
- You will be required to obtain a home boarding licence from your local authority in order to become a Petpals home boarder.
- Please only apply for this role if you meet all the essential criteria, as detailed above.