I often watch my humans and wish I could be like them too. They seem to have such a fun life.
Wishful Westie Wendy x
Dear Wishful Wendy,
Being a human is not all it’s cracked up to be you know. They don’t have the fun we have. Last week my Dad was watching a ‘documentary’ on the TV where 22 men were running about a big field with only one ball to play with between them. But worse than that, there were thousands of other humans just sat watching at the sides and all around and they didn’t even get to touch the ball. Now if that had been us dog’s we would have all brought a ball each to play with or at least one between two! My dad was shouting at the TV and I tried to get him to let me in the garden and I would have shared my ball with him but he was too busy to notice.
And also humans have so many more rules than us. It’s great to be a dog because:
- We can scratch ourselves in public, no matter where it itches,
- We can roll on our backs, showing our bare tummies and our nether regions without being considered rude.
- We never have to pay for dinner or provide presents for people out of our ‘own’ money. But we still get all the cuddles just because the card say’s it’s from the dog.
- We can spend hours just sniffing stuff and still not get bored.
- We are always excited to see the same old people. They only have to leave the room for 5 minutes and come back again and we greet them ecstatically.
- We can pass wind in public and we don’t blush.
- If we gain weight it’s someone else’s fault.
- We don’t need a varied home entertainment system or play station, an old bone or a shoe can keep us occupied for hours.
And finally it’s great to be a dog because we never have to brush our own hair.
Love from Jasper x